Saturday, April 4, 2015

Kandy's Master Bedroom Finally Complete

It has been a long time coming......the final touches to our Master Bedroom. But viola... that last item has been "created," not found. My hang-up has been trying to find the perfect throw for the end of the bed. I wanted it to tie in with the wall paint color, the fabric bedskirt I had made, and the new carpet. 

I gave up on finding one to buy. I ended up purchasing a twin size sheet set at WalMart.  From the flat sheet I created a duvet cover by sewing the edges together lengthwise. One pillowcase came in the set, so I simply sewed up a matching one from the fitted sheet.  I have enough leftover sheet to create something else later. 

Here is a look at what it all looks like now:



The fabric was just perfect, a high-count sateen sheet set that is washable. I love this print:



The pillowcases go well with the lumbar pillow that Karli had given me:



I am quite happy with how it all turned out. You can view this long, drawn-out process by checking back on these posts.....




Sleeping well now,
Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment