Sunday, March 15, 2015

How to Host a Stella and Dot Trunk Show

So what is it really like to have a trunk show at your house? What do you have to do? What do you get in return? Now that I'm a Stella & Dot stylist, I can give you the inside scoop and help you decide what's right for you!

Before I became a stylist, I attended trunk shows and I even hosted one of my own. What I love about the Stella & Dot experience is that it doesn't feel "salesy" at all. In fact, the first show I went to, I kept waiting for the moment the stylist would make us all sit down and listen to a 20 minute demo. It never happened. We just drank wine, laughed, and tried on lots of fun jewelry while she provided style tips. Awesome.


Now, you all know I love to host a party---be it a dinner, brunch, big ole BBQ or whatever. So I went all out with my brunch items when I had my trunk show as a hostess. But in reality, all your friends really need is one drink and one snack. Don't feel overwhelmed! Just keep it simple so you can have fun as the hostess.


As the hostess, you do need to invite all your friends to the party! The more people you invite, the more your rewards stack up. Talk up the party, wear some of your Stella & Dot items if you've got them in the days leading up to the show, even pass out catalogs. Also, make sure to send the invitation to friends near AND far. Everyone can shop online!

One last tip for hostesses. Wear something simple. And then when your guests arrive, make sure you kick off the fun by trying on your favorite items. Show them off. And if your hostess doesn't already do this, ask her to style you. That's what she's there for!


Now, sit back and watch your hostess rewards build. The average show earns hostess about $200 and 4 items at 50% off!

If you're at all interested in hosting a party, let me know. It really is one of my very favorite things to do. I also LOVE to do one-on-one styling sessions. I can bring the bling to you or you can come to me.


And finally, if you know you just LOVE the entire line, consider joining my team as a stylist. For only $199 you get $350 in product credit and you get to shop at 50% for 30 days. I made my initial investment back in my first trunk show. The rest is just cake...on top of beautiful accessories that I now own and love!

Best,
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment