Friday, November 14, 2014

Visions of Sugarplums...


Let's be honest. I'm ready to start decorating for Christmas.

There is snow outside and its really, really cold here in Denver. So why not crank up the holiday tunes tomorrow and knock this out?
 
I am hosting my annual Cookie Exchange on December 6th and November is flying by, so I have the perfect excuse. The pic below is from 2012 during the party, so you can see what my tree has looked like for the last few years. (Mostly lime green and some silver)



 
I am having visions something more subdued for my tree this year. I am loving white, silver and a touch of black.

Here's some inspiration:

I love the bold banner wrapped on this tree.
 

Via lilluna.com

This is mostly white with lots of texture (pine cones, silver ornaments, ribbon, sequins, cardboard and burlap). YUM!
 

Via livinglocurto.com
 I especially love the very over-sized ornaments on this tree. What fun!


Source unknown, found on Pinterest

Finally, I know I'll be making some of my own special pieces from old music books. I just love the whimsy and simplicity of something like this. The touch of silver glitter on the edges is perfect!


Via somethingsweetdesigns.com

I'll be sure to actually post a picture or two of my house decorated for Christmas this year. :)

Stay warm!
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment