Tuesday, February 25, 2014

And The Winner Is (Pottery Barn Inspired Decor)


We were thrilled to hear comments from several of you in regards to which look you preferred for the armoire in my Master Bedroom. See that post here. Some of you commented on the blog, some e-mailed us, and some even called me! I might mention, however, we did not have a clear-cut choice..........On the blog, most of you preferred Look #4. However I had an equal number of e-mails and calls in favor of Look #2 and even Look #1. No wonder I was having a hard time making up my mind. 


I did appreciate all of your feedback and I took it to heart. Since I did want a cleaner, brighter look to go with the new white bedding, I took several of the elements, changed it up a bit and came up with this look.




I hope I incorporated what you liked about each. I love the old frames, mixing the rectangles with the round balls and finials. Adding the old white ironstone pitcher and platter brought in the simple white that I love. The bare twigs in the pitcher will be replaced with something greener when Spring arrives.

Since I really loved the old ceiling tin from Look #2, I hung it in the stairwell in the entry hall.
 


And because I also love my suitcases from Look #2, I moved them to the top of the antique linen press in the downstairs den.





Most of the other "family pieces" have been put back into other areas of my home, or in the case of the framed landscape pictures, they are stored for another day.

Thanks again to all of you who responded. It was really fun to hear from you. We welcome your comments any time. By the way, the winner of the drawing for the Pottery Barn Gift Card was Audrey--one of Karli's friends who commented on the post. (We randomly drew a number and she was the lucky lady).

Thanks again for following along as we move from one project to the next.

Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment