Saturday, January 18, 2014

DIY "Pottery Barn" Inspired Decor


I love Pottery Barn.............I love browsing through the catalogs, I love searching the website, and I adore shopping in their stores. 

Their style is my style.  I love an eclectic, collected look, mixing the new with the old.  I get inspiration seeing the way they set up rooms and displays, doing just that.  Being an antique dealer means I always have an assortment of collected items just waiting for their next location.

If you have been following our blog, you'll know that I have been working on my Master Bedroom Makeover for quite some time. Take a look at these posts.  Since I'm doing it on a budget, using some of what I already have, and only adding or replacing what I really need to, it is taking me a while to get it right.  I never just go out and purchase "a new look."  What fun would that be?  I love to try using what I already have (sometimes I steal from other rooms).

That said.........Karli took me to a Pottery Barn store just before Christmas and I finally found the bedding I had dreamed of for our bedroom.  I found their Pick-Stitch Quilt and Pillow Shams in white to be exactly the look and feel I wanted...... washable cotton with the look of a vintage quilt, yet stitched in a more modern design.  They were on sale so they went home with me.  The weight of this quilt is perfect too.  I could not be happier.






I am still trying to figure out what I want at the end of the bed, (a throw or quilt)  but I have not found it yet.  The final reveal of the Master Bedroom is yet to come.

But, I am moving on to a new look for the top of the armoire.  It used to look like this........



After the new gray paint, I changed it to the style shown in the picture below.  I was trying to add some white, going for a more feminine look.  This was OK but it really wasn't right with the more Arts and Crafts look of the armoire.

We'll call this Look #1: Shabby White Frames




Now for some new "Pottery Barn Inspired Looks."   I am taking things from other parts of the house and "trying" them out on the top of the armoire.....trying to get that "Pottery Barn" look.


Look #2: Ceiling Tin





Look #3: Framed Driftwood





Look #4: Framed Metal


        


Look #5: Vintage Landscapes




I actually love several of these "looks" and I am having a difficult time deciding which one is best.

I could use your help! What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know which you like best. One winner will be chosen at random on February 1st to receive a $20 Pottery Barn gift card.*** (UPDATE---the winner was selected on February 1, 2014. The drawing is now closed)




I'll be waiting...Kandy

8 comments:

  1. I think # 4 is my favorite, but I love the framed driftwood, too! Beautiful bedding. I love the clean and simple style of pottery barn. Definitely one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2! Love the suitcases! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ceiling tin, but for overall look, my vote is #4! I also love the bedding! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is amazing! I love the square frames and round balls. Great shape contrast! And the idea of framing the metal is genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that funny?! I thought, after scrolling through, I really like no. 4. seems like you have alot of votes for that scene!! you know~ great minds and all!! so I pick NO. 4 as well,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm the oddball, but I actually love #1 because it brightens things up so much and brings the new quilt in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all (you guys are so creative!) but #1 is my favorite. The chair is really creative and the white frames have so much history to them!

    ReplyDelete