Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let Me Introduce You to StitchFix...

One day my friend Jenn let me in on a secret and I've never been the same since. It's called StitchFix. Prepare to be amazed at the brilliance of this company and what it can do for your wardrobe.

It starts out simply enough. You sign up for StitchFix by filling out a profile about your style. Are your clothes more classic and preppy or maybe romantic or bohemian? (They have pinterest boards and a blog if you're not sure what your style is.)

You answer questions HONESTLY about your size and body and how you like your clothes to fit. You can even decide how much you want to spend on each item. For example, I'll maybe spend $75 on a dress but I want shirts to be less than $50. Then you decide when you want your first "fix."

And you wait with baited breath for your package (free shipping, mind you!). StitchFix sends you five items based on your profile--a complete surprise! The beautiful packaging sets the stage for what's to come.
This shirt and silver cuff were from my second fix. Love that this shirt is so quirky, light and colorful!

You open your package and are greeted by a note from your stylist and each item comes with two ways to style it. I like to lay everything out on my bed and examine it so I can see the details.

Then the fun begins. You get to try everything on...in your own closet, with your own shoes, skirts, bras, jewelry. And you have three days to decide what you want to keep (meanwhile all that's been charged is a $20 styling fee--so no large amount already charged or necessary to return).
My third fix was around the fall/winter. I asked for a versatile blazer. And I fell in love with this vest too. I've gotten the good out of both of these items. Perfect for the office!
 
The details of the vest are wonderful. Black and white pattern with suede covered edging and buttons.
 
The blazer is made of forgiving, stretchy jersey. It feels like wearing your favorite t-shirt! And the details--the inside is navy and white striped. I love to turn the cuffs up so you can see this nice style!


Simply return what you don't want in the PRE-PAID package. (That $20 styling fee goes towards anything you keep)

Here's the MOST IMPORTANT part about StitchFix...fill out the questionnaire at the end of your experience so your stylist can learn why you did or did not like the items she sent you. I can vouch from experience that the more detailed and honest you are, the better your future "fixes" will be.

My most recent fix was the best yet! I loved every single item. (Sadly one dress they sent was just a bit too short on me, so I returned it)
My fourth and most recent haul. I asked for light-weight, flowy tops and boy did they deliver!

Another bonus? StitchFix sends me things I might not pick out myself. I never would have guessed this top would flatter me, but every time I wear it I get compliments.
This was from my first fix--the only item I kept. It is what they call a hi-low top. It's cut shorter in the front and longer in the back. I'm planning a post on how many different ways you can wear something like this. Stay tuned!
 
What I love about items I get from StitchFix...the attention to detail and special touches. Love this gathered neckline.

And frankly, I like unique clothes that I don't see on everyone else. But I don't have the time or money to shop small boutiques to find these cool items. Answer: StitchFix.

And the prices are comparable to any online retailer I've found who carries the same items.

Seriously in love with this company, the concept and now my stylist!

If you're feeling compelled enough to sign up, please consider using this link to my referral code.

You can thank me later,
Karli

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2013

    Oh wow - I am totally waiting to see you wear that polka dot number to the office! I love it!

    ReplyDelete